Tuesday, November 07, 2006

September 23, 2006

Ahhhh, the official first day of fall. I spent this day enjoying all things related to fall. I started my day by going to my friend Lynn's house and watching her paint the cutest scarecrow on her sliding glass door. However, before I get ahead of myself, as soon as you walk into Lynn's apartment you get the best smell of homemade chicken noodle soup that has been cooking all day and that she is bringing over to my house later for dinner. After she finishes painting, we head over to Starbucks to get a pumpkin spice latte frap for me and a mocha frap for her, and off to Al's we go. As we are driving into Al's, I just about have a heart attack because I see in their window Christmas displays and poor Lynn almost drives into the flower bushes at my huge 'gasp,' but I just couldn't help it, excitement took over me and that was it. Luckily, Lynn understood and soon became excited herself at all the Christmas stuff they had. Let me tell you , Al's was completely decked out in everything that is Christmas; beautiful trees in all different colors decorated to a 'T', they were really quite something. Anyhow, Lynn and I lost track of why were there in the first place and decided that we should concentrate on one holiday at a time and got back on track w/our fall celebration. We loaded our cart up w/oat bails, corn stalks, pumpkins, and a mum for me and some purple straw like plant for her...oh yeah and some leafy plant for me.













After we checked out we went to her apartment to pick up the soup and to decorate her front door first and then we were on our way to my house














Once at my house we were all business.....I decorated my front doorway.













Ater that I went inside to make pumpkin bread while Ben was making salsa, the best salsa I have ever had! I mean it, the man can make salsa like none other. A hidden talent no doubt.

After dinner was over, Lynn and I started to paint my window while the boys played golf on xbox. And boy o' boy is my window cute. It was so wonderful having Lynn there to help me and to let me use all her paint. I chose a more halloween-themed picture since the holiday is right around the corner and if I may say, we did a mighty fine job.

0 comments: