Friday, November 17, 2006

"And thank you for your support" - Bartles and Jaymes (and now me)

OK, so this entry will serve three purposes. First, I AM DONE!! All my applications are complete, and my last four are sitting next to me. They have postage and are sealed and ready to be delivered. What a relief! Of course, now a different anxiety will set in, namely the anxiety of who will like me enough to want to talk with me. Unfortunately, most sites will not contact you until mid-December for interviews, so we have a bit of a waiting game to play. But either way, it sure does feel nice to be done writing and writing and writing. Here is the list of possible places we will spend a year of our life. They aren't in any particular order, but in general, the one's near the top are more appealing.

1. Minneapolis, Minnesota
2. Augusta, Maine
3. Coatesville, Pennsylvania
4. Cincinnati, Ohio
5. Salt Lake City, Utah
6. West Haven, Connecticut
7. Bedford, Massachusetts
8. Denver, Colorado
9. Reno, Nevada
10. Norfolk, Virginia
11. Phoenix, Arizona
12. Brecksville, Ohio (Cleveland)
13. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
14. Dayton, Ohio
15. Lancaster, Pennsylvania
16. Phoenix, Arizona (again)

Second, I'd like to thank coffee. It does a body good.

Finally, I have to give a public shout out to my trooper of a wife. It is never fun to be married to an office hermit, go to bed by yourself 4 nights a week, and try to talk to a drooling, brain-dead stump. These times have been difficult for both of us, for similar and different reasons. But I just want to say that Katie has been great through all of this. She has been an incredible support and I couldn't have done this without her love and care (and the wonderful dinners she kept making me!). I love you, Katie. Without you this would mean so much less.

B

1 comments:

Lynn said...

Yesss!! I am so glad you finished!! Congrats!! I wish you lots of interviews!! Go Maine!!!