I wish last weekend would have gone by in slow motion but as you can assume fun whirlwind weekends are exactly that, fun and quick.
Natalie calls me a couple weeks ago and says "hey you still up for surprising Lynn?" without any hesitation from me I say "heck yes I am" and there you have it. Natalie, myself and Jesse took care of keeping just a tiny little secret from Lynn. We were going to drive up to Stanley, Wisconsin and surprise her for her baby shower. I mean come on now, you only have your first one once. Its a good thing Natalie and I like each other a lot cause we drove 10hrs (one way) together. I didn't realize how much fun I'd have in a car with someone just chatting away. Those 10hrs flew by so fast.
So we get to Lynn's house at 5pm hoping that she was just getting done with work so she wouldn't have any time yet to slip out of the house for something (Jesse was at his brother's house) and Nat and I are standing on the steps trying to be all sneaky but totally giggling and loosing all composure. We see Lynn, she sees us and a whole lot of screaming happens. So much so that we all made her dog Maggie pee on the carpet! Hahahahahahaaaaa
So really the rest of the weekend is fabulous. Lots of late night chats, a bbq at her mom's house (happy b-day Connie) more eating out, a fun and fabulous baby shower. where Natalie and I had to shove a baby rattle down our shirts and through our pants. Please don't ask me to elaborate but let's just say I have Shawna to thank for that one:)
It was such a fun weekend filled with memories that will last a life time. I'm so glad it all worked out and most importantly so glad I got to see 2 girls that mean the world to me in so many ways.
1 comments:
You girls are too sneaky! For sure a memory that will last a life time!! I had a blast!!
Post a Comment