Tuesday, May 19, 2009

17 Weeks

Ok so I had my Dr. apt. last Monday. These monthly apts. go by so fast, I pee in a cup, I get weighed, she asks me if I have any questions and then its bye bye till next month. Am I complaining? I'm not sure:) I love these apts. I love to see if I've gained anything and what "surprise" the Dr. might have for me.
Well Ben went to this last one because we knew there might be a chance to find out what pumpkin is. We couldn't believe our eyes, my little pumpkin looks like an actual baby now! Its head is proportioned with the rest of its body, we saw its arms and hands, legs and toes, we saw the spine and its little beating heart. Its unbelievable the changes that happen in a mere 8 weeks. That was the last time I got to see pumpkin. We weren't able to find out the sex, turns out pumpkin is a bit bashful and wouldn't spread em for us:) We didn't get any pictures either...which we're totally bummed about and can't quite figure out why we didn't ask for one but next apt. I will definitely have an updated picture of pumpkin. The only other bit of information is that I finally gained some weight:) 3 whole pounds! Hahahahahaaaa.

I was chatting with a friend the other day and she asked me how I was feeling and was I over the sick stage. I laughed in my response because I feel great and I have from the get go. Praise the Lord! If it weren't for the growing belly and Dr. apts. where I actually get to see that there is something inside of me I'd never know I was pregnant. For that, I feel blessed. It makes me wonder though, will every pregnancy go this way for me or is it a different case per kid? Guess there's only one way to really find out that answer:)
My one and only complaint is I'm still not sleeping through the night. I think I've gotten used it because I don't have that zombie feeling in the morning. Thank God for weekends because I do get a nap in on those days. And sleeping on my left side was just fine until I found out I had too, now all I want is to sleep on my stomach or back or right side. I wake up in the middle of the night with a very sore ear and leg because I haven't moved all night.

Uh oh, just thought of another complaint, Acne! What the heck is going on? I normally have perfect skin and always have but ever since I found out I'm pregnant my shoulders, chest and face have always got some major imperfection going on, very frustrating. But soooooo worth it, even with those 2 little issues I LOVE being pregnant and have never felt better.

Here's me at 17wks today. And in 3 short weeks there won't be any more guessing what pumpkin is because we definitely get to find out then and so a new picture will be posted.


8 comments:

Amy said...

A bump!!! Woo hoo!!!! You look so darn cute. So exciting!

Nurse Nancy said...

you are so cute and happy! N.N.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH HOW FREAKING CUTE ARE YOU!?!?!? 3 pounds? just three pounds!?!?! Yeah, I'm already beating you on that one and I'm what, seven weeks! ha ha ha.... SOOOO glad you are feeling well!!

The Rau's said...

You are so cute. Love the little bump and glad that you are feeling good.

Lynn said...

Look at you and your little bump!!! So cute!! I love it!!

I'm so glad that you are feeling great - it makes pregnancy so much fun!!

Bethany said...

You are positively radiant! How wonderful that you're feeling so well!

Amy Peterson said...

I'm stalking you...found your blog again on your facebook page. And I'm so glad because here is where all the good stuff is! :) You are so stinkin' cute girlfriend! You look so happy! It's so fun to go through this with you, even 2000 miles apart. Love ya friend! Come back soon, will ya?

Anonymous said...

Dude your bump is soo RAD! WHOOP WHOOP