Well yesterday morning while I was getting ready for work I hear Ben in the office typing away on the computer, its a very typical noise in our house especially early in the morning. Ben has gotten into a ritual where as soon as he gets up he goes straight to the computer to check if there are any new emails regarding internship sites. So yesterday the same routine was going on in our house except this time after I hear the typing stop he comes in the bathroom with the cat in his arms looking right at me to say that I need to put down the mascara right now, that we need a family moment and that he needs my undivided attention. He then proceeds to give me the news that I have been waiting for, for months. I mean it I've been waiting for 4 long months to hear what he is about to say. He says Katie, Maine has emailed me and they would like me to interview with them! Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh.....I instantly sit down on the toilet seat cause I'm just flabbergasted and dumbfounded. This site in Maine hasn't taken or for that matter interviewed a George Fox student for years so although I did get my hopes up I was trying very hard to be more pessimistic over Maine, just in case. However, this up coming year is our year cause Ben just got his next interview and it is at MY #1 site and I couldn't be happier.
To give you just a little bit of detail and if I may, brag about Ben for a minute. This site had 68 applicants and only asked back 20! Out of those 20 only a few are interested in the Neuropsych department which also means that he won't be competing with too many others. One more thing, they told Ben that his application was an A+ and that they loved that he was interested in the Neuropsych.
Alright I'll be done now. I don't like talking about Maine publicly too much for once you get me started I have a hard time shutting up. But as you can imagine my excitement has been bubbling up inside of me and I had to at least share this one little bit.
7 years ago
2 comments:
Katie I love this story!! I could picture the whole thing!!! I could even picture the look Ben was doing when he had the cat in his arms!!
I don't want to get your hopes up... but... I think you guys are going to Maine!!!!!!!!
Hey guys!
We got your adorable Christmas card in the mail today so I had to check out your blog. Little did I know that I would read some really INCREDIBLE news right off the bat! Congratulations!! We are so excited for you guys. What a journey. We will definitely continue to pray. What a fun way to keep up to date on you guys.
Celebrating with you,
Amy Peterson
Post a Comment