Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Dierks, Miranda and a guy named Randy Rogers

Well I've been a fan of Dierks for a quite awhile now and for about a year my friend Lynn and I have talked about seeing him w/another country artist named Miranda Lambert and that the next time they come to town we've got to go. Well a year has gone by and on November 30, 2006 the concert that we have been anxiously waiting for finally arrived at the memorial coliseum in Portland!!!!!

Here is a picture of Lynn and I before the concert started
The opening band; Randy Rogers is a new comer in the world of country music

Here is a picture of their backdrop.

Their band was pretty big I think I counted 6 members and there was one particular guy who stood out the most and that was their fiddle player, that guy rocked out on a fiddle the way I never knew one could. In my opinion he stole the show.













You can sorta see him in this picture, unfortunately this is the best one I've got of him.

Randy Rogers band was really folksy sounding but totally rocking at the same time.

So anyhow, Randy Rogers and his band totally got the concert started on the right foot and Lynn and I just knew we were in for quite a night.


Next up, Miranda Lambert












Before I say to much on her and her band, in between the first band and her, they were setting everything up on stage and to the left of us on the side of the stage were a bunch of guys that Lynn and I guessed were members of Miranda's band, anyhow Lynn and I are just talking away kinda just standing around while her band gets ready to go on stage and we notice that these group of guys are just kinda standing there and staring at us, but we weren't really sure if they were looking at us or someone else, you know it can be hard to tell sometimes so I turn to Lynn and say well I'm just gonna wave and see what happens and sure enough they were looking right at us, it was great! We were totally joking around with Miranda Lambert's band....it boosted our ego a bit at least it did mine:)

Here is one of the guys who was "flirting" with us.....











Now I was almost as excited to see Miranda as I was Dierks! Now that's saying a lot, anyhow she's just a real cute guitar playing chick and so full of energy on the stage. She was great to see live and they only request I had was that they would have played a bit longer. She played all of her singles plus a new song or two on her up coming album. Something for us to anticipate for sure!
Ok now the guy that I have been waiting to write about this whole time, the one and only........
Dierks Bentley











All I have to say is AMAZING!!!!!! Such anticipation all night waiting for this guy to come out and sing his heart out and just give us an awesome concert and he did not disappoint what so ever. He started the show off w/his new hit single "Every mile a memory" and then from there on out song after song after song.
Some highlights of the show was during his song about wanting something domestic, light and cold. He's singing his song and all of sudden just walks over to a "speaker" but instead it opens up and is actually a fridge filled w/nothing but beer.....domestic, light and cold. The whole crowd just starts cheering and they raised there own beer bottles ( you can apparently drink at the memorial coliseum) anyhow that was a funny part of the concert.












Another highlight was when he jumped off the stage while singing and runs up the stairs towards the balcony area and starts mingling with the crowd all while singing, it was great, we of course wished he would have come our way, but what are you gonna do....its all good. I mean we did have front row seats. From where we were I could have left my contacts home and still seen him just fine.













One more highlight to give and then I'll wrap this up. Towards the end of the show, Lynn and I are standing next to this bar thing because we needed to get away from these "kids" who were sitting next to me cause they decided they would make out for the last half of the show and so while we are standing at this bar we swear Dierks is looking straight at us and she and I will tell yo that he definitely was, anyhow he sees us and throws his guitar pick at us, but alas he throws too hard and it flies way over our heads.....point of the story here is that he saw us and took some sort of notice of us and that is all that mattered to us!!!











So all in all it was a fabulous night a totally enjoyable evening and one that I will not forget. This is only my second country concert I have been too and I'm having a blast. Nothing but good rock roll and fun times with a great friend.








1 comments:

Lynn said...

Awesome Blog!!!!! Can we go again!!?? I am ready right now! Come get me!!!