So we had our first Dr. appointment on the 19th of this month. Both Ben and I were incredibly excited and very nervous. We didn't have the easiest time conceiving and its been a very difficult and trying year both mentally and spiritually. God sure did test us once again and at times it felt like we were just climbing uphill constantly. However how sweet it is to finally be on top of that mountain looking down:) And we count it all joy and appreciate this gift of a child more than we ever would have had we had an easy time.
We know God has a plan and a purpose and reason for everything and its so nice to finally see a glimpse of it and be on this side of things now.
So up until this Dr. appointment the only thing I had to go by was this stick I peed on:) he he he. And I haven't "felt" pregnant too much (praise the Lord) so I was really scared that I was going to get to the Dr's office and they were going to tell me I had a false positive and there's nothing in there...sorry! So it was pure joy when they slabbed some goo on my belly and found our little pumpkin right away. And then to hear the heartbeat, Ben and I couldn't believe how fast and how strong it is. For something that doesn't look like much other than a kidney bean it was ALIVE!!! We definitely were overwhelmed with thanks and praise to the Lord and to all our families and friends who have been praying for us.
So the baby is very healthy looking and strong and I'm exactly where I should be for being 9 1/2wks.


It has a heartbeat of 158! The most amazing sound Ben and I have ever heard. We are calling it pumpkin for now. We think that's pretty fitting since its due 10/27/2009.
5 comments:
Welcome "pumpkin"
What a mighty fine Pumpkin it is (Sorry baby, but I have to call you it until I know what you are, but don't worry, i don't think of you as an it!!) How awesome that you and Amy are due three days apart!!! Wish i was in the club with ya (well, sorta ha ha) So sad we're going to miss seeing you grow! Send lots of pics!! (and come back to Oregon soon and be our friends!! ha ha)
Glorious! We are SOOO happy for you guys and look forward to watching your growth as we can from afar. I pray you will find someone to sit and drink tea with while you plan, prepare and incubate. :)
Praise God, what a blessing!
You'll be amazed how quickly all the bits and pieces develop... Soon there'll be no mistaking nose from toes (:
I'm sorry we are a little late in our congratulations however...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are so excited for you guys. This is going to be so great. I really hope we get to see you this summer while you are pregnant! Enjoy this time. Your first pregnancy is SO MUCH FUN! We love you guys and are thrilled about this news.
Post a Comment