Thursday, May 13, 2010

5 months...Holy Moley I mean 6 months

As I'm typing this out I'm realizing that she turned 5 months on March 21st! Oops:) Now that we have passed April 21st I'm freaking out that my little girl is half way to her birthday. Lilian is the most fun baby, she sucks her thumb, she's a total snuggler and quite the explorer. Its so amazing to just watch her and see her stick everything and anything she can get her hands on in her mouth:) Kingsley wishes more and more that I would walk away so he can lick her to death and is very unhappy with me when I push him away:) I think Lily is wishing I would go away too so she can have her way with him. He's very good with her and lets her pet him and grab at him.
So ever since we brought her home we got in the habit of rocking her to sleep every night and we just thought that's how we do things.....oh silly Giesbrecht's! As you can imagine putting her to bed at night was really hard and would take forever cause she wouldn't fall asleep or the slightest movement would wake her up so it became quite the task to put her down, not to mention nap times during the day. So one day I had this bright idea:) ahahahahahaaaaa I wonder what would happen if I just laid her down in her crib awake but knowing it was time for a nap....hmmmmm what a shocker to find out that she can put herself to sleep! It was another Aha moment that I'm a new parent and that once again Lilian is our guinea pig. It was at 5months that we figured that one out. Again its amazing to me that she can tell me when she's tired, I put her down and that's exactly what she wanted and she couldn't be happier. She'll be playing on her play mat sucking her thumb getting really fussy but as soon as she gets in her crib and has her blanket she's in absolute heaven. Now if I can just learn to pay more attention to her signals for that next time.
We are now eating cereal twice a day and loving it. Just recently I've noticed her leaning forward with her mouth wide open waiting for her next bite which of course is totally cute. She's also eating a ton of food, I took my time with it and right at 6 months started trying things out. Unfortunately we gave her peas as her first food and I'm sure if she knew words she would have given us a few choice ones:) peas are ok but they are not her favorite however everything else is, pears, apples, sweet potatoes, carrots. She's gonna start 2nd foods this weekend so that will be exciting. I love feeding her, something about me feeling like a momma bird bringing my young a piece of the world little by little:)

Oh the dreaded rolling! I wish she did it more but she seems to have no interest in it. Between 4 and 5 months she would roll over quite a bit when we'd put her on her tummy but now she could care less. Tummy time used to be horrific and she would almost start screaming right away, now she loves being on her tummy and stays there. Perhaps she'll be one of those kids who doesn't roll a lot, I don't know. She goes from side to side a lot when on her back but never enough that she rolls all the way over to her tummy. However, she is a total scooter:) its hilarious, her legs have quite the strength she's in all sorts of positions when I get her out of her crib or off the floor. She loves to stand and loves to sit up matter of fact now that she's figured she can sit on her own its all she wants and really who can blame her? She went to the Dr.'s after our trip to Oregon and she's still one perfect and healthy kid:) she's 14lb and 10oz and 27.5 inches long!
Lots of exciting happenings coming up in the next few months though, we have a trip to Oregon coming up real soon to go see all our family! WooHoo and then one giant move again and the last for at least 5 or more years:) that's the promise I had Ben make to me:) we'll be moving back to Reno the end of August. Ben has accepted a neuropsych job at the V.A. he interned at. We can't wait to get back to the west side of the states where we'll be closer to family. So excited for all the outdoor stuff to do there as well, that's something we've missed terribly living here in St. Louis plus we made so many great friends while there that this move is almost like coming home:) I can't tell you how wonderful it is to move somewhere where you already have friends and know where the gas station and grocery store is! The Lord has done amazing transformations in our lives spiritually and planted a lot of seeds for us in Reno that we had no idea were being planted and this is one of those times where we got to see the Lord working and its been really cool.
Anyhow I've had this "post" started for well over a month now so let's skip all my babbling and proceed to pictures....cause now she's about to turn 7 months next week! hahahaaaaaaaaa. Right when I think I'm getting caught up I've fallen right back behind:)

Celebrating Ed, Ben & Amy's b-day in Oregon

DSC_0530

A lazy morning with Nana

DSC_0538

DSC_0546 DSC_0551

Wendi & Aimee getting their close up with Miss Lily Monster

DSC_0549

Alex, Connor, Lily & Erynne

 

DSC_0557 DSC_0559

Lily is saying alright mom enough with the camera....where's my milk!

 

DSC_0567

Why this picture you ask, well why not? I like how bundled we have her and yet I see I little escapee foot:) Marsha brought out the wagon and took Lily all over the place and she was in HEAVEN. Perhaps I now know what to get her for her birthday.

DSC_0573 DSC_0591

DSC_0597  DSC_0608

DSC_0638 

First the wagon, now the swing! I hope this fun never ends:)

DSC_0690

It was cold, windy, rainy all together blustery but gosh darn it we made it to the coast! Its only taken 2yrs. but oh well....it was so worth it. The smell of the ocean the fish n chips I had for lunch it couldn't have been a more perfect day.

DSC_0726 DSC_0788

giesbrecht 2010 03 giesbrecht 2010 06

giesbrecht 2010 01

giesbrecht 2010 26 

6 month pictures taken by one awesome bro n law.

Well that will about do it for now.  My baby is almost 7 month, we took her to Oregon for the first time last month and it was the best week ever and she was a superstar on the plane. Can't wait for Reno where we'll only be a car ride away and not an airplane.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Awesome post! Love all the pictures. Ben & Lily in the wagon makes me laugh! Cute! And wait until Lily wants to eat everything you eat and crawls over with her little mouth open just begging for a bite. Then you really feel like mommma bird. : )

Bethany said...

It's great to get a post from you again! She's a doll!

arturlington said...

Thank you so much for the post! I check it almost every day and am very thrilled to hear what has been going on. I love the pics!!! Blessings

Nicole Guyette said...

LOVE these pictures--especially the smiles and the strawberry hat.
We are so very grateful that you Giesbrechts are coming back to Reno! :)