I'm almost there guys, I think I see the finish line on the horizon.
Well I had a Dr. apt. last week and will see her again next week. All is good and looking fine still. I'm measuring out just like I should be and her heartbeat is still in the 130's-150's. I can tell she's getting bigger and bigger because she has found my right side and lower abdomen to stretch out and practice her gymnastics or karate or her killer dance moves...not sure which one yet:) I LOVE feeling her move, even if it causes me some discomfort there is nothing like it and it's the coolest experience with pregnancy.
At the last Dr. apt. the only "concerning" thing was that pumpkin hasn't turned yet into position and the doc said she should have by now so we'll see what happens there. I have one more ultra sound scheduled for October 1st and if she's still breech I'm gonna go ahead and schedule a c-section. The lovely thing about this being my first child is that I have nothing to go on, meaning a vaginal birth scares me just as much as a c-section and vice versa so I don't really care too much which way pumpkin comes as long as she's healthy and safe and thankfully our insurance will pay no matter what...so even better!
So I finally "look pregnant" meaning strangers are now commenting. Thank the good Lord no mysterious hands have touched my belly but the comments are always entertaining. So apparently I'm quite small, I look like I'm maybe 6 months pregnant and when these strangers ask about my pregnant belly and I tell them I'm 8 months or that I have 7 weeks left their jaws are gaping open and shock and curiousment is in their eyes. Nobody really seems to believe me which to me is strange but I just love it when they say "oh I bet your gonna get HUGE in the last month" hmmmmm thanks? Strangely the comments I love the most are the ones where people just tell me how good I look:) hahahahaahahaa. I will agree that I am small compared to the average women and even the doc has said I'll probably have a smaller baby but by this point I don't think I'm going to get HUGE in the next few weeks...bigger yes, HUGE, I don't think so:)
Well we are definitely prepared for pumpkin. I think Ben and I have successfully stocked up on enough crap...I mean stuff that if she were to come early it'd all be good. There will always be things we need/want and I could go into debt with this little girl if I wanted to but there comes a time when one must stop and say no more! I think I have gotten to that point........until the next Target trip:) However, there is a Once Upon a Child consignment store here and its fabulous!!! You have to be willing to take your time and sift through stuff but its the greatest thing ever and pumpkin has some very cute clothes because of them. I'd never really looked at baby clothes before and so when we knew we were expecting my own jaw dropped at the prices some of these stores charge for essentially "doll clothes" so I'm all about the second hand stores and garage sales.
5 comments:
Looking fab, Katie. I was a moo cow at 33 weeks, but I'll try not to hate you, hahaha. Glad to hear all is well. Miss ya.
a beautiful momma!!!!
Holy smokes girl! You rock the prego belly!! Lookin good girl! But I want to come right over there and give little pumpkin a little rub from Auntie Lynn!! : )
You are gorgeous! We can't wait to see pics of your little girl!
Don't worry, you're not missing much by getting huge... trust me, I was huge enough for four moms!! LOL
LOVE Once Upon a Child! Great place to get stuff! You certainly are a beautiful mom, and a smart one too!!
Hope you can do a normal delivery and not a C (recover is so much longer) so we'll pray she turns :) But whatever happens you'll be in good hands!! and it'll be soo great getting her here :) Keep us posted!!!
Post a Comment