Well I had my second Dr. appointment and it went well and pretty uneventful. When they weighed me I was down a pound but they said that was fine. I figured I had lost a pound because I don't eat sweets anymore at least not like I used to. My Dr. had a hard time finding the heartbeat this time but wasn't concerned because she could see pumpkin's heartbeat and blood flow its just that every time she put the thingy on my belly pumpkin would jump. It was crazy to see how active it was, it was bouncing all over the place.
Today marks the first day of my second trimester so that's kinda exciting. I was comparing my 13wk belly with that of others and I look pretty small compared to them. I'm "showing" a little bit but its only something I would really notice. Others would probably just think I've gained some weight in my midsection. I'm still wearing all my regular clothes though they are getting quite snug. Particularly the shirts so I'll have to go shopping here pretty soon.
All in all I feel great, this whole pregnancy has been awesome. I haven't experienced major fatigue and I haven't had that bad of morning sickness. A bowl of cereal or some toast in the morning seems to fix any nauseousness. I haven't had a good nights sleep for the last couple of months and the amount of trips to the bathroom particularly during the night are wearing on me but even that I seem to be thankful for:) And finally someone hand me a box of kleenex, I cry at anything and everything. I cry at movies, I cry at commercials, I cry at church and I got teary eyed at a Lewis & Clark documentary!!!! I've just started to laugh at my silliness.
During our visit with Ed & Marsha we got a stroller w/car seat and Ben and his dad put the crib together. Every little step we take makes this pregnancy more and more real.
I'm trying to stay very neutral on things like strollers and car seats, play pins that sort of thing cause I'd like to re-use any and all for the next Giesbrecht. And the crib was actually mine when I was a baby so its a ton of fun to be able to re-use that. Its in almost perfect condition (I've left some teeth marks in parts of it) and its just beautiful, all maplewood and I don't know just nice. I think the sentimental part of me is coming out.
Today marks the first day of my second trimester so that's kinda exciting. I was comparing my 13wk belly with that of others and I look pretty small compared to them. I'm "showing" a little bit but its only something I would really notice. Others would probably just think I've gained some weight in my midsection. I'm still wearing all my regular clothes though they are getting quite snug. Particularly the shirts so I'll have to go shopping here pretty soon.
All in all I feel great, this whole pregnancy has been awesome. I haven't experienced major fatigue and I haven't had that bad of morning sickness. A bowl of cereal or some toast in the morning seems to fix any nauseousness. I haven't had a good nights sleep for the last couple of months and the amount of trips to the bathroom particularly during the night are wearing on me but even that I seem to be thankful for:) And finally someone hand me a box of kleenex, I cry at anything and everything. I cry at movies, I cry at commercials, I cry at church and I got teary eyed at a Lewis & Clark documentary!!!! I've just started to laugh at my silliness.
During our visit with Ed & Marsha we got a stroller w/car seat and Ben and his dad put the crib together. Every little step we take makes this pregnancy more and more real.
I'm trying to stay very neutral on things like strollers and car seats, play pins that sort of thing cause I'd like to re-use any and all for the next Giesbrecht. And the crib was actually mine when I was a baby so its a ton of fun to be able to re-use that. Its in almost perfect condition (I've left some teeth marks in parts of it) and its just beautiful, all maplewood and I don't know just nice. I think the sentimental part of me is coming out.
13 weeks (hmm white shirt against white wall, I'll plan my outfit better next time)
The stroller
The pattern, the colors are more dark green and dark brown but hopefully you get the idea.

The beginning process
The end result:)
3 comments:
Cutie Pie!! I was just thinking I needed to see you and wala you posted pictures!!! I am so glad to hear that you have been feeling good!! And shopping for those clothes will be so fun for you - I wish I could come with you!! I have been cheating and shopping in the normal section because some shirts will totally work with a prego belly - and they are cheaper!
You guys are way ahead of the game. I love it!! We only have 6 weeks left and still no car seat!! Heck we just put together the crib this week! When we went to our birthing class last Saturday they were talking about car seats and the instructor asked if everyone had their car seats and they did, except us... and I am due before everyone else!! Oops! But we were the only ones who had a name picked out! LOL.
That is very special that you have your crib from when you were a baby. I love that there are little Katie teeth marks in it!
CONGRATULATIONS! So exciting! NO 35 great grandchild for me. Can you believe that. I have to keep talaly on the numbers or I would never believe some one who would tell me such a thing. But--I know it's true! OMA
WOW look at how prepared you are already!! I'm impressed and also very excited for you. You keep these updates a'comin and do better than Lynn about posting belly pics! wink, wink :)
Post a Comment