Well being that it's November 2nd I think we can officially say that we neglected the blog for all of October. Sorry to those who are dedicated readers. October was a good month for us, I started a job at a CPA/Investment office that's really close to our house and I'm working 20hrs a week which has been wonderful. So far I've really been liking it and I'm liking getting out of the house for a little bit during the week.
A few weeks ago Ben and I went over to Illinois to a u-pick pumpkin patch/apple orchard and enjoyed a great fall day. It was a very cute and large farm that had all sorts of food stands, and it had a country store with lots of homemade pies and bread...mmmmm carbs.

Here's me sitting next to the "ideal" pumpkin:) its all about finding one with a great stem.

And here's Ben standing next to my pumpkin trying to steal it from me. He liked the stem a lot too and thought that it should be his.....

Here is a better look at
The Stem. 
And then here we are filling a bag of Fuji apples. They had rows and rows and rows of huge, sweet, delicious apples. Ben was very picky about what apples could go in the bag and to be honest with you I think he was too busy eating the apples instead of putting them in the bag.

Ah ha! I caught you red handed!

Some apple trees.

Here's Ben right before we went to pick.

To get to the u-pick part we rode on a wagon hooked up to a tractor and here's a picture of part of the pumpkin patch on our way back to pay for all our goodies and head home.
1 comments:
It's good to have you back on the blogosphere. Congrats on the job, I'm glad it's going well!
Post a Comment