Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 2 - Thoughts of Spy Hunter

I don't know how many of you recall the video game "Spy Hunter." For those who don't, it was a game in which the beginning starts out with you in a car and you are dropped out of the back of a box van which is already moving.

When you're driving across flat, boring country, these are the things I think of. Why you ask? Well, I was wondering if it would be possible to cut the support to Alan (that's the car we're towing) and as soon as the front tires hit the pavement punch it. Aside from dying, I wondered what would happen and it reminded me of Spy Hunter. Ah, memories. Like the corner of my mind...just a little different.
Anyway, to the point. Today we drove from SLC, UT to Cheyenne, WY. Wyoming was cool, but only because there were big thunderstorms while we drove across the rolling hills. Otherwise, more boring stuff. We did get a chance to stop and take some fun pictures though!
Just outside of SLC, we stopped at a real pretty scenic pull-off to stretch our legs and let Kingsley run around.


Kingsley met a friend. He was (according to his strange owner) 90% wolf.
Katie took this really nice picture of the Wyoming sky...I'm glad she didn't die though, because she was driving at the time.
Part of the thunderstorms behind us...this is at a rest stop about 2 hours outside of Cheyenne.
A long day! Everyone is tired...Including me...more tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! On Your way! I have been anticipating the journey. Thanks for blogging. Praying for a safe drive. Nurse Nancy

Lynn said...

Great pictures and updates!! Ben, your thought process cracks me up!! Only 1.5 more days... you have to 1/2 way done with day 3 by now!!

Natalie said...

Enjoyed reading your updates :) Glad the travels have gone smooth so far! You're almost done...one day to go until you're midwesterners!!!

Brandon said...

comforter on the floor? remote condom?

Laura Fenske said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you are posting each day. I've been checking your blog (probably, at least, daily!) and it's fun to see new stuff. It sounds like your trip is going pretty well, I'll look forward to day 3 updates.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Katie and Kingsley in bed!