Sunday, May 04, 2008

Release of Stress

Hi everyone,

I know I know its been a long time since we've posted anything, but to be honest w/you not much has happened aside from just day to day life. But the last couple of weeks have been quite eventful, one of those events being that I quit my job on Friday (5/2/08) Some of you probably already know and some of you might not but I've been incredibly unhappy at my job at the dental office since the first day I started. I believe I walked home in tears from frustration of having such high expectations from my previous job in Oregon to this office being my 2nd, yes 2nd job in Reno. I had some other crap job that I lasted a whole 5 weeks at. Anyhow, my insecurity of quiting one job and starting another was running high and I was really doubting my working ability and morals on top of needing to provide for Ben, myself and "the kids" so I stuck it out at this office in hopes that it was just a learning curve that in a month or 2 I would overcome and conquer......well 7 whopping months later and still in tears Ben and I decided enough was enough and that I needed to quit. So we went on vacation to Oregon and when I came back last Tuesday I gave my notice and made last Friday my last day. I won't go into too much detail about the job but I was horribly treated and pushed around and no matter how well they paid me it couldn't make me happy to return there day after day.

My whole time here in Reno so far has been spent in tears, after tears, after more tears. It hasn't been the grand adventure I had hoped and wished for and instead has been filled w/me battling depression, stress and tons of worry and a sense of "loss" of what I had back in Oregon.

At this point in the blog I do want to point out that it hasn't all been doom and gloom, there's been a lot of it but there's been a lot of good times as well, I think right now I'm just reflecting on my life the last 11 months here. My relationship w/Ben gets better and better w/each day and the love and respect that I have for him grows more and more. He's been my rock and more than anything my best friend through all of this and has many tear stained shirts to thank me for:) also my relationship w/God has skyrocketed! I haven't been this dependent on God in a long time and I don't think I've prayed so much in all my life as I have here in Reno and if I got nothing else out of my time here than that then I would do this all over again in an instant. I feel as though I have grown so much since being here and that I have been tested time after time and maybe most importantly prepared for the next step in our adventurous life by moving to St. Louis.

I wouldn't trade my time here in Reno for anything! I've experienced every emotion I think possible and have such a new found love for God that every tear I've cried and every knee I've bent has brought me closer to Him and has showed me that no matter what I go through big or small God is always there to guide me every step of the way. And I know we've all heard people tell us that a million times but man 'o man did that come to life for me here in Reno.

As I prepare myself for a totally huge new stage of life for myself by becoming a full time stay at home dog mom (Duke is way too independent for that:)) I can't help but wonder what's next.


Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

Oh, the Places You'll Go! By Dr. Suess

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Hooray, Hooray, HOORAY for you being done with that awful job!!!!! Katie, I'm so excited for you that you never have to go back there again. Now just try to forget about those terrible people and remember that you are a beautiful, wonderful, loving, hardworking woman with a huge heart and tons to offer and they just don't deserve to have you!

What a year you have had. I hope that the rest of your time in Reno is filled with fun and laughter and we can't wait to see you and Ben in St. Louis!!!!

Lynn said...

Natalie says it perfectly - I second it all! : )

Enjoy your new found freedom!

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
Wow, had no idea what you've been going through the last year. Sometimes I wish that I could grow wise in the knowledge of the Lord WITHOUT the struggle. Sigh. I've been there! I'm happy for you for having quit your job. Hope you are enjoying some rest. Love you,
Amy :)