I've made a few beers by now, and several of them have actually been pretty good! This weekend Katie and I thought it would be fun to try out a hard cider. This is actually much easier than beer, as you only have to dump apple juice into a fermenter and add yeast. Took about 15 minutes. And, at 1/3 the price of store-bought hard cider it's such a deal :) Now into the closet it goes...
- 5 Gal. Treetop Apple Juice
- WLP775 English Cider Yeast
- SG = 1.050
7 comments:
I love that idea. We never thought of doing hard cider instead of homebrew. We will have to get a little more detail from you to make sure we do it right...
It's about the easiest type of fermented drink you can make. Let me know if you're gonna make it and I'll give you the (real quick) info :) I talk about it a little bit on my other blog too, so you can check that out if you wish. http://rdwhahb.blogspot.com/
Sounds so good!! That would be a good camping trip drink!
Wow, that looks like a lot of cider!! I'm with Brandon, looks excellent for camping, which I actually miss doing. Wish we could go again with you and the Freys. Love you guys!
Katie - we have it in writing w/ her picture as a signature!!! Natalie misses camping!!!!! : ) That's our girl!!
AWESOME...Another convert! Go Natalie!!!
You guys are too funny!!
Post a Comment