Ok, so I'm in the hunt for a postdoc. Please, Sir, can I have a position at your hospital that pays me over 40K per year and I only have to work 40 hours a week. Oh, and it has to be in a wonderful location where the cost of living is reasonable. I know, you don't have to say it, denial is a common defense mechanism.
Hmm...This is becoming a tedious process. So far, I have about 18 sites on my list. I would love to stay in the VA system, but there aren't that many options. Most of the sites are pretty much scattered across the country, so who knows, I may end up closer to whoever is reading this (aren't you lucky). Furthermore, I'm talking with a neuropsychologist in PA with the intent of trying to set up a post doc there. It may be kind of a long shot, since a lot would have to fall into place (e.g., money), but it would be a great opportunity.
On to the fun stuff...for those who don't know, the INS conference is where many training directors go to interview candidates. That way, you don't have to fly around the country interviewing everywhere. It's a centralized way of doing things. Therefore, if you are participating in the Neuropsychology Match, you pretty much have to go to INS for interviews. This year, INS just happens to be on the big island of Hawaii. Oh darn. Katie and I (you try telling my wife that I will be going to Hawaii without her) just booked our tickets and everything else (HELP GAYLE!!) and we are very excited. Anyone care to join us?
7 years ago
3 comments:
Oh my gosh I am sooooooo jealous!!! I want to go to Hawaii with you so bad! Wouldn't Allie be so cute in a little bathing suit on the beach?!? LOL. Wow that is so exciting you guys! I'm so happy for you to get to go to Hawaii :):) When do you go? Oh I could go on and on with excitement for you....Katie I will try to call you soon so we can catch up. Miss you guys!
Does Gayle read your blog? And if so, I want some help to Gayle!
I am very excited for you guys too!! And pretty sure Allie would be adorable on the beach!! Robbins you should go!!!
Love the new look of the blog! Way festive!
Who is Gayle? If she is giving away trips to Hawaii... send her our way too! Come February I'll be ready for some heat, sunshine, beaches, umbrella drinks... oh the fun we would have!
Post a Comment