Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A life cut short

For those of you who read our blog or check it now and a again a prayer here and there for myself and my family would be greatly appreciated. This morning at 8:45 I found out that my 21yr. old nephew got hit by a car and died early this morning around 2 or 2:30. My sister Kelli, bro-n-law Jim and my neice Jessica are going through a lot right now as is the rest of my family and words cannot express the sadness and heart brokeness we are all feeling and just knowing that you, my friends are praying for me and my family would make me feel so good. I don't know when the funeral will be but I plan on flying out early next week to southern Ca., Ben will be staying here to tie things up and head to Oregon for Christmas and I will hopfully be able to meet up w/him there.
My day has been spent on reflection and how precious life is and how I take it for granted and how each day and every moment needs to be cherished w/those you love and care about cause you just never know when your time is up and perhaps that extra I love you to that certain someone will be the last. The last time I experienced death was when my father died, I didn't understand it at 6yrs old and at 28yrs old I still don't, but I do belive in a mighty and powerful and loving God and He is who I will lean on right now for hope, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord"
My love to you all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sweet Katie. I am so sorry for you and your family.
Wish I could give you a hug myself. I know you will find strength as only God can provide, but in our human spirit, we are at a loss to understand "why". I will pray for you all, especially around Christmas when his absence will be so strongly felt. Love to you, Nancy

Lynn said...

Oh Katie! Know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs!!

Laura Fenske said...

Katie, I know it's not enough, but I am so so sorry. We will definetely keep you and your whole family in our prayers. We love you.

Katie said...

My dear friends, thank you for your words of comfort.
Nancy-how I miss you. If you can believe it, I still miss being there and working w/you & everyone there. The best job and the best people i've ever worked with! I miss talking to you daily.

Lynn-thank you for sending the thoughts & hugs. Ben and I miss you guys more than words can say.

Laura-thank you for your prayers & thank you for leaving a comment. I miss our daily conversations over email w/lynn. I hope you are well & ur christmas card is adorable!

Natalie said...

My dear friend, I have no idea when you'll read this comment as you may already be in California, but I just wanted to say how sorry Brandon and I are and we will also be keeping you and your family in our prayers. I'm so glad you are able to go to California and I hope that you are still able to find some joy at Christmastime as I know it's one of your favorite times of the year. Have safe travels!! We love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I've had a chance to read your blog but, obviously, I just did. It of course has me crying as this tragedy has so greatly saddened and our rocked our family in ways small, large and unforeseen. I just wanted to take the opportunity to tell you one more time "I love you" as you are right, we don't know how many more chances we get. Talk to you soon!

ps Love the shower caps!