Ok, so it's been forever since we've updated our blog. I guess once you get out of the habit it's tough to start again. Anyway, here's an update on some of the fun things we've done in the past month...
On the 8th of September we went to the Great Reno Balloon Show. This was a lot of fun, and something that we're glad we did, even if we wouldn't do it again. The reason being, was that we went to what is called the "Dawn Patrol." This happens before light, and as you can imagine, that's early. But, it was neat because a bunch of the balloons light up and they look like little lightbulbs in the sky!
After Dawn Patrol, all the balloons launched. And boy do I mean ALL the balloons launched. After they were all up, there were over 100 balloons in the air. It was quite the sight!
This is merely one part of the sky. 360 degrees of this density of balloons.
Finally, no balloon show is complete without the themed balloons...There were a bunch but these were some of the better ones. My favorite is the cow - complete with udders :)
Update Part II
Ok, here's the other thing I'll talk about. On the 15th of September, we went camping with some friends of ours and had a really good time. We went to a place called Fallen Leaf Lake, which is near South Lake Tahoe. It's absolutely gorgeous and I would go back any time. Here's some pictures.
I got a new hammock and had to try it out...over and over again!
Our new tent; it sleeps 6 and we love it :)
Making poppa proud. Kingsley had a great time of course. His favorite things to do while camping? Play in the water, dig holes, eat sticks and pinecones, and get really dirty.
Me and my best gal
The whole gang
1 comments:
Whoohoo!! Love all the pictures and the update!!
Kingsley is big!!
You guys look great! Miss you tons!! Can't wait for April and we can meet again! Unless you hear Mexico calling... listen close... I think I hear Mexico calling us back... Are you free next week??
Post a Comment