Well labor day has come and gone and so has the hot 90 degree weather. For the last few weeks Reno's weather has changed quite drastically. We went to a place last weekend called AppleHill in Northern Ca. and on our way there in a city called Truckee, Ca. which is only 30 minutes from where we are it started snowing, and snowing hard. We just figured since we were in mountainous elevation trying to get to our destination that, that was why we were getting the snow. But last night right out our front door there was snow!!!! Snow in Reno! Snow in September! Ben and I were acting like little school children we were so giddy about having snow. It didn't stick once it touched the ground but none the less it was snowing. Ben and I love this time of year and we love the colder weather so it was so cool last night to have that nice little surprise. We even had a fire in our fire place. On a side note we've been told here from the locals that the last couple of winters here in Reno have been really warm and they haven't received much snow so they including Ben and I agree that Reno is due for a good cold and white winter. We think our predictions are pretty right on the ball too. Its just getting so cold here, especially at night. So anyhow, here are some pictures we took last night and then this morning from the hills/mountains that surround Reno and that happen to be right out our front door.
7 years ago
6 comments:
You have an awesome view!!
I am so glad you are excited for snow!!
How beautiful!
Wow I agree, you have an awesome view from your apartment!! I bet you're thrilled to have the hot weather over with :) Hooray for your first snow fall. I'm glad you're excited for snow! I, on the other hand, am not quite as excited so maybe you'll rub off on me :)
Hey guys - It snowed here in SLC on Saturday, too. So weird to have snow in September, but fun, too. Unfortunately, I'm with Natalie and not super excited for snow yet, but maybe your happiness will become contagious.
Thank you for updating! The balloons sure looked neat. I've seen them at night but have never been courageous enough to be part of the dawn patrol. Looks like you are continuing to have fun.
Hey guys, beautiful pictures. I was sneaking a peak at your blog in the office between clients and didn't realize my volume was all the way up! Nice music! Its great to be able to see updates! Kingsley looks handsome!
Post a Comment