So as the work-free days wane away, Katie and I are pursuing as many carefree adventures as possible. Yesterday (Saturday) we went to a swimming hole named "Emerald Pools." It is aptly named because the water is a pretty green color. It is found in the South Yuba river in California, about an hour away from Reno. It was beautifully sunny and the water was quite chilly, but you got used to it quickly. We had a lot of fun jumping off the rocks, swinging off the rope swing, and sunbathing. Oh, and Kingsley had a lot of fun splashing around too. Here are some pictures...
I found a fun log boat that took me around...
Katie and Kingsley are looking good by the water's edge.
Pretty landscape!
What form...Diving off the cliffs.
7 years ago
4 comments:
You Must have been blogging this entry while I was catching up on all the others. It's 5:00 Sunday. The Yuba river is the one that goes into Yuba City about 30 miles sw of Willows. We drove along it on the way to Glenn when we left Reno. It looks like you had the pools to yourself.
Good luck to Katie tomorrow on her first day of work.
Love,
Mom
So glad you guys could play... but now get to work!! :) Oh, we just got your postcard yesterday!! That was very fun. It reminded me of the time we went the Nun place with you guys.
Love and miss you guys tons!
The diving picture looks like Ben was risking a TBI
Wow, I used to be able to dive off cliffs. Don't think I could do it anymore! Too afraid of TBI. Also, Kingsley is growing very large.
Post a Comment