So tonight I got to do something that I haven't done in a long time and that was minister and serve others. My friends Jesse and Lynn invited me to go with them and some other people from their church to minister to the homeless underneath the Burnside Bridge in downtown Portland. Well they have been doing this for a little while and I have been wanting to go with them for quite some time and tonight just happened to work out. It was amazing, I'm not gonna lie and say that I talked with a bunch of different people and witnessed to all of them because I didn't. But I did have God's light shining through me and I helped serve them dinner. It was wonderful, it has been so long since I've been in the ministry and after tonight I realized how much I miss it. I love to serve and to smile and feed empty stomaches and so I did, I helped serve chicken noodle soup and gave out peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and had an awesome time joking w/Lynn and watching her serve hot beverages to the homeless. Whether or not I touched anyone's life tonight I'll never know but they sure touched my life and blessed me in so many ways. Serving God brings such joy to my dry and thirsty spirit.
O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. Psalm 63:1
7 years ago
4 comments:
I am glad you had a good time and can't wait to go again with you! It was a lot of fun!!
You were so tired when we left that I can't believe you had time to blog!! :)
Well I had that feel good feeling and I wanted to capture what was going on right at that moment so no matter how tired I was, I was going to blog!
I really did have a lot of fun.....and I was really happy when I got home and feet defrosted:)
I'm proud of you sweets!! There's much more witness by example sometimes than actually talking to someone. Keep it up!!
So glad you got to do this! It really is a neat experience and it really makes you feel good afterwards.
And thanks for the comment on our blog about Brandon getting the Indianapolis interview...we're very excited that he got the interview so that Indy can at least be in the running!
Looking forward to hanging out tomorrow night!!!
Post a Comment