Sunday, October 17, 2010

Its Official

Well the Giesbrecht's are Nevadians. I have a driver's license to prove it and our cars say via license plates that we are Nevada residents. How wierd huh? If someone were to have asked me 5 years ago where I thought I'd be my answer never would have been Nevada. When Ben and I started our journey together 5 years ago and we'd sit and dream about our life and where school might take us, deep down inside I always knew we'd end up back in Oregon. I mean why wouldn't I have thought that? Oregon is the only place I can live right? The only place in this great America that I can call home right? Boy o' boy was I wrong and in this particular case I have loved being wrong:). The only place I want to live is the place where I can find Ben and Lily...yes Duke and Kingsley too:) and those two people are where my home will always be. This journey we've been on has taught me to love deeply, trust blindly, have patience and when I thought I'd run out of any of those 3 things to keep a box of chocolate close to my side! God is so good and as of lately I am feeling so blessed and undeserving of His love and mercy and yet I'm feeling a downpour of it!
We will have been here 2 months come October 31st and I am happy to say that we have loved each and every day here. We feel so at home and love stepping back in the shoes that we left here cause they are already broken in and they feel so good on our feet. We've hiked, we've partied with dear friends and I've gotten to the grocery store and Target without getting lost! Folks that's huge:) although I never would have thought I'd call Reno home, I can't think of any other place I'd rather be (well, relatively speaking). I'm typing all of this while staring at Mountains whatching a storm about to roll in while the mnts. get fresh snow dumped on them and the cool crisp weahter of fall is finally here. Life is good!

My Lilian is about to turn 1 on Thursday!!!!!!!! And we are going to party and celebrate until we can't see straight or until a little pumpkin just can't take it anymore and needs a good long nap. Its going to be a wonderful celebration about a very wonderful little girl who has touched mine and Ben's life in ways I simply cannot describe. But more on that later. We have family coming in on Wednesday through Monday and although we will be a small intimate group we are going to have the best time together and so that will deserve a post all on its own.
So in the mean time how bout some pictures...

We canned pears!

And applesauce!

mmmmmm! hot warm applesauce.

Lily is a super big help:)

here mom, you want a pear?

mmmm tasty!

At applehill picking apples for our applesauce.

Kid on my back, apple picking stick in my hand all the while holding Kingsley's leash!

I just loved this picture, they've got the same expression on their faces!
Happy Sunday!









3 comments:

Lynn said...

Geesh Ben could you help a mom out? LOL. Katie you are good multi-tasker! : ) I love the picture of Lily sucking her thumb! So glad that you are loving it there!! Enjoy the party this week!! Lily, you can only turn one and then you have to stay one forever! You hear me Lily? Forever! You can't get any bigger!

Nancy said...

Hi Katie. I have been waiting for a post from Reno!! I love the possibility of actually seeing you some day when I visit my sister. It would be such a joy to meet Lily (before she graduates High School!!!) Happy birthday week, happy Fall, and happy Nevada. Love, Nurse Nancy

Natalie said...

It's is just wonderful to hear that you guys are so happy in Reno :) Makes my heart happy for you!! And how in the world is Lily already going to have a birthday? Geesh these kids just need to slow down! She is so adorable. Hope you have tons of fun with family :) Can't wait to see pictures of Lily's party!!!