Saturday, June 27, 2009

A bit over 22 weeks....and counting:)

Wow, in just a few days I'll be 23 weeks. The first official day of summer was last weekend which means after this summer season its officially "baby time". At least that's how I think of it. At first when we found out we were pregnant back in February everything went so slow. October was very far away and I was desperate to "look" pregnant and it was all hurry hurry hurry. Now that July is fast approaching I'm sitting here wondering where all that time went. I can't believe how fast this is all going. Time seems to be on a continuous fast track. We have so many plans this upcoming month with a visit from my sister and her family, a three day weekend at a friends cabin and then every other weekend is filled with something fun. So July isn't even here yet and I might as well kiss it goodbye cause its gonna fly right by me.
Not too much to say about pumpkin these days. That pregnant look I was so desperately wanting is here to stay:) She's been moving around a lot lately which has been very fun for me. On father's day I actually got to feel her kick from the outside. Unfortunately Ben has not been able to feel her yet, go figure. But I'm sure its just a matter of time. Our plan for August is Operation Baby hahaahhaaa, we need to go tour a couple of hospitals, sign up for a bunch of classes and start to put the finishing touches on the preparation for this kiddo. I'm a hard core planner. I love everything about details and outlines and completing "to do" lists. By October 1st we should have everything in place and I can then start to just wait for her to come and get ready for my favorite time of year....THE HOLIDAY'S!!!!
My worries have finally kicked in:( Ya know the basic stuff; is she going to be healthy and strong, is she going to be as beautiful as I have imagined her, am I giving her the right nourishment to grow, etc, etc, etc? I wouldn't say that I dwell on these things but there are many times where the fears kinda take over for a minute or two.

Here's a picture of me at 22 weeks.


5 comments:

Bethany said...

You look wonderful. Happy planning (and checking off items) to you!

Lynn said...

Look at you little hot momma!! : )
Have fun checking off your list!!

Natalie said...

Girlfriend, you are SO on top of things!! I think your early preparedness (is that a word?) truly shows just how much you wanted this baby :) Your worries are totally normal so just know you're not alone in feeling that way. You are absolutely ADORABLE and I can't wait to see you and your belly in person!!

arturlington said...

You look beautiful! I really hope things are going perfectly for you! I love the pics and Kayli gets very excited everytime there is a new posting! I have no doubt you will get everything done in time! Blessings to you all!

Lynn said...

I just had to come back and take a peek at pumpkin! Oh man Katie! I so want to see your little belly in real life!! At the garage sales yesterday there were so many materinty clothes and they were never worn - and they were all name brand! I so thought of you and wished you were with me!