Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

Ben and I got a snow day today. The snow storm started for us Monday evening and through all of Tuesday. So, when Ben woke up this morning and opened the front door to let Kingsley out he noticed that our cars were buried with snow and a bunch of our bamboo was covering the majority of Allan (gallant). So he came back in and said there is no way at this point either one of us can go into work. Even when we turned the news on, MODOT was saying stay home if you can and keep the roads as clear as possible, only because the roads and streets weren't going to be plowed fast enough. Webster Groves where Ben and I live got some of the most snow - 8"!!!! That's a lot for this area, usually St. Louis doesn't get any snow....lots of ice but never too much snow so today was a special day filled with lots of playing....for Kingsley that is:) Our neighborhood is very dog friendly, I think every house on the street has a dog or two so all the dogs got to play together and have fun in the snow. Pictures below are of early this morning before the other dogs came out to play.


That's part of our cul-de-sac behind me


If you click on this picture you can see Kingsley's tongue sticking out, its pretty cute.

Hmmmmmm where's Kingsley?

We thought it might be fun to let Duke out and see what he thought of the snow. Mental note he's not that big into snow.



Ooops I cut Ben's face off but I really wanted to get an up close of Duke.





2 comments:

Lynn said...

I was reading this post and Jesse walked by and he says "Uoho. Duke's out spreading the FIV!" So get Duke back inside quick!!

I'm glad you finally got a snow day!! They are way too fun!! It has to snow a million inches for us to get snow days in Wisconsin. I remember being a kid and waking up and it was snowing and snowing tons! We would just pray that they would cancel school, but they never did! All the schools around us would cancel but not ours!! So then we would pay them bus drivers back and start rocking the bus as they would turn corners so would go in the ditch! I'm afraid it actually worked one day! We went in the ditch... but we still had to go to school! Grrr!

Laura Fenske said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! How nice that you got to have an extra day together! Snow days are the best. Duke looks like he's had better days...maybe inside on a soft surface sleeping in the warm house.