Ok, day 3 of our 4 days off. We woke up on Saturday with not too much to do but after a cup a coffee and talking with our neighbor the day before decided that today was the day to go and cut down a Christmas tree. Though Ben and I have done this before with our families this is the first year we have done it together. Usually we just go to some "lot" and pick out a perfectly groomed tree and there you go. But there are a ton of places around St. Louis to go and cut your own and they are pretty inexpensive. So here we go a Christmas tree hunting!
We went to a 70 acre farm in O'Fallon (about 45min outside of St. Louis) with Kingsley in tow in search of the perfect tree. After about 30 minutes of hiking around we realized 2 things; 1: Giesbrecht's need to get used to the "natural" looking tree (meaning not perfectly groomed) & 2: We are VERY picky tree people. How picky you might ask.......3hrs. of hiking around and searching for the "Perfect Tree". Thank God we weren't with anybody! Even though it took us forever to find a tree we had the best day. It was so much fun trudging up and down aisle's in and out of woods and laughing at ourselves for making what should be a pretty easy decision as hard as humanly possible.
Here are some pictures to explain the day better.I think this just might be the tree
Yep we found it
Once we got home and got the tree in the stand it was time to decorate it along with the rest of the house.
The crowning of the tree
Ta Da!!! Here it is all finished. We started the day early and ended it late, but all in all it was a fabulous day.
6 comments:
Um, Katie! Have I ever told you that winter is your season!! You look smashing in your green jacket and pink scarf!!
Love the tree and I am so glad that you finally found the perfect one! You guys make me giggle sometimes! I love it!
Ben you have a little something on your face! Sorry... I couldn't resist! :) It looks very mountain manly!!
Um, I'm totally jealous! Your tree is super cute, it sounds like you had a wonderful day, and your house already looks so festive! Maybe your Christmas spirit will motivate me to get out our decorations...
The tree looks great. I'm so glad it took you forever to find it because it normalizes Adam and I. We did a cut your own tree in the mountains in Denver and I think it took us about that same amount of time. It's so hard!
I'm laughing at how long it took you to find your tree but I would probably be the same way since I can't even seem to find a fake one I really like! LOL. Your house looks amazing as usual. You are so festive and I just LOVE that!!! Oh and your blog looks awesome as well :)
HI!!!! Your tree looks super RAD and so do your lights!! Can't believe you and Holly have lights up before I do. WHATEVER:)I only have like one strand of lights and a light up tree oputside and no tree inside. Good job PC! No wonder you haven't had much time to read heeheheehee. Call me--can't remember my stinkin password so I'll just be anyonymous :)
Oh, by the way, i totally miss you and just want to stare at your dumb pics all day :(:)AAWWWWWW. Come home bratt face.
I'm still anonymous :)
Post a Comment