Friday, January 25, 2008

A little bit of this, A little bit of that

Hi everyone, I bet some of you wondered what happed to the Giesbrecht's, but don't worry we're here we've just been neglectant of our blog.
I'm gonna skip how are Christmas was this year and Ben and I had a nice and quite New Year's at home playing games and trying hoplessly to stay up:) but since the new year we have been trying to get out a bit and enjoy all the snow we've been getting and so here are some pictures of what's been going on.




We went to Pratville (?) on Lake Almanor in Northern California a couple of weeks ago, its just a small town out in the middle of nowhere and Ben's Uncle Jim and Aunt Sandy have a cabin there and they were kind to let us stay w/them for a weekend. The above picture is of Kinsley showing us that he is a very spiritual dog because he can walk on water (we didn't have the heart to tell him it was a frozen lake)


awwww, who's that cute couple w/a pair of red noses?
Here's Ben and Kingsley doing what they do best on a Sunday afternoon


Another pic inside the cabin w/Ben messing around on Jim's banjo
Jim and Kingsley were best friends all weekend long. Jim and Kingsley go way back at Christmas time when Jim shared his beer w/him. Kingsley has a taste for beer, he makes Ben very proud:)

I just thought this picture was pretty w/the lake and the sky
Kingsley was a ton of fun to play w/in the snow. Having Kingsley is so fun, he loves to camp, he loves to swim and he loves the snow, Ben and I couldn't stop laughing at some of the things he would do.


Here's one of those times where Ben and I cracked up. Kingsley would shove his face in the snow and then plow through it, it sure was funny to watch over and over as he did it.



On a bit of a side note, Ben has diligently applied to 20 post doc sites and we are just waiting to hear back from all of them. So far he has interviews w/a site in Connecticut, Michigan & Wisconsin, we got two thank you but no thank you emails from sites in Maryland, so hopefully next week will bring us answers from the last 15 sites. If you all would keep us in your prayers still over the next week that we would hear from more sites that would be appreciated. We know what happens and where we'll end up March 10th, that is of course God willing we get matched w/a place! We are getting ready to go to Hawaii!!!!!! We leave in a week and I'm so excited that it still hasn't hit me:) I hope some hawaiian girl greats me w/a lei when I get there.....do they really do that?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are awesome! They made me laugh. I'm so excited for you both and living vicariously through you with your trip to Hawaii. It's snowing today in OR and is supposed to continue through Tuesday, be warm for all of us. We'll keep praying for the interviews and are excited to see where God leads. Love you! Holly

Natalie said...

Yeah for a new post!! LOVE all your pictures :) Looks like you had a great time and I'm so glad you're enjoying the snow!! Congrats on the 3 interviews so far Ben. We'll be praying for lots more for you. I too will be living vicariously through you with your trip to Hawaii!!! We miss you guys tons!

Lynn said...

I love all your pictures! It is so good to 'see' you guys!

Um, they better have a hawaiin girl w/ a lei when you get there!!! If not, you better turn around and get back on that plane!

I am with Holly & Natalie... living vicariously through you on your trip!! Take lots of pictures and keep a journal... I don't want to miss a thing!! :)

Oh, and I think I heard on the news that Wisconsin would like a little Giesbrecht family to move here!!!! Rate us #1!!! Wisconsin Rocks!!

Love and miss you guys tons!

Bethany said...

Goodluck with interviews! (And all the waiting.) Isn't it crazy what we girls have to put up with as our guys "finish" their degrees!? I keep thinking we'll get to a point of more stability soon, but I'm learning to stay really flexible. :) I hope you get placed somewhere you will really love living.