On May 10th Ben and I along w/Jesse and Lynn went to Mexico for a fun vacation and man was it great. I'm going to tell you all about it through pics:)

This was taken on the plane on our way to Mexico. Its a great picture of Ben's nostril's don't you think?

Ok, we've been off the plane for about 30 minutes we get into this guys van and he is going to take us to our resort. Ben and Jesse started asking this man where the beer is and he just swerves off to the side and then he, Ben and Jesse jump out of the still running vehicle leaving Lynn and I by ourselves and run into the liquor store and bought 6 bottles of beer. In this picture you have our driver with an opened bottle of booze about ready to take off for the resort and then Ben and Jesse. Only in Mexico!

This was our first evening still eating our first meal:) I think at this point we are all still in shock that we are actually here. Lynn ate some very yummy ribs, Ben and I had steak and Jesse had a steak wrapped in bacon.....mmmmmmmmm yummo!
View from our hotel room. These grass huts were amazing, lounging on the beach while a waiter comes by and takes your drink order. Many good naps were taken under these huts were up and down the whole beach.
On our second night we went to a very nice Italian restaurant where we all got dressed up for and had some very yummy food and a very fun drink.........
Not the best picture but you get the idea. This was a Mexican coffee made with tequila and the waiter sets it and the glass on fire. It was very cool to watch him do it.
Here's a picture of all us looking pretty sassy.
The resort had nightly entertainment and on this night we had a Mexican Fiesta with lots of dancers and a mariachi band. This night was a lot of fun. It was great to watch all the performers.
There was a man walking around all the tables making balloon hats for all us and he was so nice to let us know that he only works for tips:)

Here is Jesse and Lynn looking super sassy in their hats. Ben and I really love this picture of them, don't they look so happy?

If you look closely you can count 12 plates of food. Every evening after dinner and whatever entertainment was going on we would hang out at the Frey's room. We just kinda wound down from the day and talked about what we wanted to do the next day and we would order room service it was free with the resort so we wanted to take advantage of that amenity. Well on this particular evening Ben and Jesse decided we needed two of every hors d'oeuvres because they came in such small proportions.............let's just say we were glutenous Americans. We barely touched any of the food. When Jesse was placing the order they even asked "how many people are in the room" well Jesse told them 4 but that more were coming! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Did I mention that they stalked the little mini fridge with corona every morning? Well maybe he and Ben had a little too much that evening:)

These next few pictures are of Ben and myself when we went rock climbing, another fun activity the resort offered. Ben was amazing he made it all the way to the top his first try. I did not make it to the top but I got pretty close.....its a lot harder than it looks:)


Here I go.

Our first excursion out of the resort we went on a Pirate Ship that went sailed all over the bay and it was a lot of fun. It was dinner and a show and it was very entertaining.

Just a random picture from the ship looking at Puerto Vallarta

Another random picture but with the back of Jesse's head.

This was part of the show on the ship. This man is showing us some of the ancient Mexican Aztec rituals and what he's doing is 'offering' his body to the fire. He would put his feet, hands chest, arms and legs in the fire and keep them there for quite a while. It was amazing to see him do this. I'm sure glad it was him and not me though...OUCH!

Here is another picture of all three people who were actually on the stage the whole time as well. The other two played instruments while he sacrificed his body to the fire.

This is just a picture that I really liked of the two of us. Its after dinner and we were able to have a nice romantic walk on the beach and while we're walking we notice that all those huts outside our room window are all lit up and they have bean bag chairs out and there's a little bar in the back and some fun music playing in the background. And its all right in front of the ocean. It was just a real fun chillin on the beach in a bean bag chair.

This was our second venture out of our resort and into the heart of Puerto Vallarta. To the right of this picture is Ben and Jesse getting their 'driving lesson'. The plan here is that Ben and Jesse are going to drive while Lynn and I ride passenger, well Ben forgot his driver's license and so we had to give them Lynn's......but Lynn's not driving! In Mexico they don't care, as long as they had two driver's license they didn't care who drove so Ben drove for 4 hours all over P.V. with out a license.....or I should say with Lynn's license.

This is a beautiful picture of me ready to 'Rock n Roll'. Don't I look hot?!

Here's super cool Benster! "What's up muchachos?"

This dune buggy excursion was hands down my favorite thing we did the whole trip. We got to see so much of P.V. not only down town but way out in the sticks. Our first stop was at a Tequila factory where we tasted true authentic tequila and they told us how they make it and the proper way to drink it and it was just a really cool place. They had a restaurant there, they had a super neat gift shop that didn't just sell cheap souvenirs to poor naive Americans:) and a little animal 'farm'.
At the factory we got to taste banana, kiwi, pineapple and coffee flavored tequila. Then we got to taste tequila that was aged 7 years and 1 year. I didn't really care for any of it but it was fun. Lynn and I were really squeamish and kept telling the guy to only put a drop of it in our little tasting glass.....I'm pretty sure he thought we were sissy's.

This was taken right before we got back on to the buggy's to go back home. I LOVE this picture, we just look like we are having so much fun:)

On one of the many dirt roads we were on we had to pass a herd of cattle. That was totally cool. They just moved aside for all us and just kept on their merry little way.

We got to do an extraordinary thing while Dreams resort, we got to help release little baby sea turtle's. Lynn and I had read on line that you can do this but that it usually doesn't happen until September or October, well we were in luck because about 50 little turtles had hatched and we each got to release one! It was another rad thing we got to do on our vacation.

This is Carmen, she became Jesse and Ben's girlfriend for the week:) Notice how there is only one girl for the both of them........

This is mine and Lynn's boyfriend's:) Ben and Jesse often left us by ourselves to go do whatever it was they needed to do at any split second so we found ourselves being flirted with by guys and they just happened to work at the resort (everyday) and we all became friends and hung out with them. Please notice in this picture that there are TWO boys. Lynn and I are not dumb we got a boyfriend for each of us:)
We had a great time, it was wonderful to be with good friends and to really enjoy these last days with people you care about so much and aren't going to be able to hang out with all the time. I'm so proud of both Ben and Jesse for all the hard work they have put in these last 4 years and going to Mexico was a great way to celebrate. We really did have a fabulous time.
(ummmm we're going to make a habit of this every year right?)
5 comments:
The pictures and stories are great! I love the picture of you all by the dune buggies. I'm glad it was such a fun and relaxing time!
Very exciting! It's about time all of the hard work made way for some serious play time! I am so jealous- Amanda
We can go again next year!! This time we will have to meet you there!!
You have captured great pictures and I can't wait to see the rest of them.
I loved reading Lynn's post about your trip and am so glad you posted about it too! What a wonderful time you guys had!!! :) I'm so glad it was everything you hoped it would be! Hope to see you soon.
Natalie
OK - I need to clarify that I did not tell room service there were 4 people but more were coming. What I said was, "There are four of us for now." Yes, it does imply that there will be more people coming to share the 12 plates of food. Granted, we didn't invite anyone else to come share the food, but you just never know whom might show up. I think Jesus said it best, "Better to have a lot than a little."
-JesZ
Post a Comment